Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bull fight and a few other things.


The other day(as I told you in my last blog session) I got to watch a bull fight. For free. They have these every Wednesday at 5pm and the mechanic I happened to go to was about 1/2 a block away. So I noticed a business building across the street from the bull fighting arena. I went up about 3 flights and went out on the balcony and watched.(As did several others) I must say I was a little bored and disappointed. The way you see bullfights in the movies is always glamourous and fast paced. This was neither. Basically the main bullfighter corals this bull with a cape where he wants him. Anytime the bull would get feisty or not do what he wanted about 5 other bull fighters would come out and coral the animal with their capes.(Galient I did not think any of them were. This is little more than bullying.) While the bull is lured into charging the cape the bull fighter sticks these sharp sticks with metal points in the bull and he loses LOTS of blood. Eventually when the bull has a lot of these in his spinal area the bull fighter gets one that looks thicker(this is the last one he uses) and sticks it higher up on the neck and that immediately made the bull go into convultions and drop to the ground. It was over. I never felt that the bull fighter was in any real danger at all. I think rodeo clowns put their selves on the line in a lot more dangerous way than these bozos. I was glad I did not pay the $35 U.S. to see the fight.
We have a tree frog living in the yard now. He is about 2 inches long and bright green with a white belly. We caught him once and then let him go again. We are not sure where in the yard he is living but he is definetely living here. Photo is one I took of him the other day.
Last night we saw Spiderman3 and Mr. Bean takes a Holiday. Both good movies. Mr. Bean was good for me. If you are not a Mr. Bean fan the movie was a little slow. I thought it was worth the time of watching it though. Spiderman 3 was good but I thought they tried to go too many places with it. It ended up having 3 villians in it. Too many story lines. Great action though.
Lastly, I went to a tequila expo in Vallarta yesterday. They had about 25 different manufacturers of tequila there. (I only tried the best tequilas, the anejo's or the special reserve ones) Still that was about 15 different tequila's that I tried. Needless to say Leti drove home. In my opinion out of all the ones I tried the Fogonero Special reserve is STILL the best. Even better than the one's that sold for $45 per bottle.(Yup they have those here in Mexico too. In the U.S. they must go for over $100.) The Fogonero was S-M-O-O-T-H as silk with just a hint of the smoky wood taste of the barrel it was aged in. The second best one(sorry I can't remember the name right now) was only about 1/2 an hour drive from our house. They have a restaurant, play area, tours and many many activities. We plan to go there soon.(well after the birth when Leti can properly enjoy tequila.)
OK have a great weekend!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger calypso said...

Hola Mike,

I find some of the cheaper tequila is really smooth - I buy a 45 peso bottle of Campanarios (sp) that is really quite good for sipping - In Mexico it isn't all about how much it costs. ;-)

We live in Pueblo. CO. and Xico, Veracruz AND I too like Northern Exposure (have all DVD's available so far. Enjoyed reading your entire Blog. Saludos,
John Calypso
http://www.vivaveracruz.com/blog/
http://www.vivaveracruz.com/forum/

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home