Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The rainy season in coming!!!


June typically(I'm told) is the start of the rainy season here. This is great news as the heat is intensifying here. Usually it comes on in the afternoon and cools things down and consequently raises the humidity.(I don't know how humidity at 100% can be raised but that is what they tell me.) This is the time when the plants really start to grow. Our friends Richard and Lindsey tell us that they had a vine that tripled in size after one of the rainy seasons. They pointed it out to me on a visit we had with them when we first got here. I hope this is the case with a lot of our plants. Our yard will look great with a more mature look to it. I'll keep you posted with photos. Luckily we are a little too far north to have the rainforests here but we are still subtropical so things tend to grow like crazy. Never any danger of a freeze as the lowest it has ever gotten here is in the low 60's(and that is in the middle of the night in February) For a gardener like me it is heaven on earth. This year I plan to grow - bananas, limes, basil, oregano, grapes, thyme and many, many flowers.
I try to stick to the Gardener's motto. .. "I'll get to it next year" OOOOppppsss I mean "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint, and the soil and sky as canvas."
Always remember kiddie's a flower is just an educated weed. See you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home