Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Auto mechanics must be the same the world over!!!

So I am driving to WalMart and Sam's Club like I do 3 times per week when I notice my engine heat guage is all the way on H. I also notice steam pouring out of my engine hood. Luckily I was AT WalMart's light. So I pull in, open the hood, notice oh no hoses broke but my reserve tank(radiator) the top was forced off and steam is pouring out. Conclusion: Must be my thermostat. So I take it to the closest mechanic and the first thing I tell him. "Can you check my thermostat? My car is overheating." So he goes and opens the hood and does a few things and this "Einstein" concludes it is my fan clutch. I am reluctant at first but he shows me how there is no pull on this one fan.(I am not a mechanic by trade so I don't know of coarse.) I say OK if you are SURE that is it do it. Then I tell him I buy all my parts at a place called Samir because parts for Isuzu's are hard to find in Mexico. He thanks me and starts. I wait and wait. 5 hours later."Well we are having trouble finding the fan clutch." I come back with "Did you call Samir yet?" "Oh no we will try that." I wait and walk around buy 2 or 3 rum and cokes. Come back again 3 hours later.(1/2 hour before closing.) "We still can't find that part. Can you give us the number to that Samir place?" (I'm thinking ARRGGHHHH Idiot!!!) So he calls and WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED?!?!? They had the part. He says oh well we can have it ready for you by 10am tomorrow morning. So I call Leti and arrange a ride with her brother.(Oh and in the meantime I watch a bullfight for free-but that will be in my next blog.) OK FF to the next morning. I get there to pick up the car. THe guy tells me "Oh it wasn't your fan clutch after all, it was just your thermostat stuck closed." At this point I want to pick up something heavy and bludgeon him with it.(Not really but I am raging.) So let me get this straight . . .It was the thing I said for you to check the first 30 seconds I pulled in here? I could have saved a whole day's aggrivation if you would have just DONE WHAT I SAID originally?!?!? WOW, you are ALMOST in the Darwin award's category buddy. And that was my excitement for the past 2 days. One good thing is they WERE honest and did not replace a part that did not need replacing. Oh well, I have my car back. What are ya gonna do?
Bull fight blog next time!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dickson said...

Living in Mexico requires lots of focused, deep breathing.

I would get rid of that car and buy something better known in Mexico because this is not the last time you will have such an experience.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

An Isuzu must be considered an exotic car in Mexico, since it doesn't have much of a presence there. Is Volkwagen still a popular brand down there? I recall they have/had a factory in Mexico.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home