Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'm a Mexican????

Well this week I got my FM3 visa that allows me to be a year round resident of Mexico. It only took me about 15 days to get it with one sheet to fill out and getting fingerprints done too. Not AT ALL like the American immigration system. I read in a NY Times article(on line) that one family in NY have been waiting 22 years to get their legal status. That is right they started filling out their immigration paperwork 22 YEARS AGO!!! I don't know about you but I would say that is a broken system that needs an overhaul! Ahhh the American government run businesses/services. I can't immagine anyone in ANY business looking at a situation like that and saying it is OK. Oh but wait I forgot we are fighting a war in Iraq that was supposedly "Mission Completed" a few YEARS ago.
On a lighter note we went to Monteon today to have lunch with Leti's sister and her family. They made a seafood soup/cocktail dish that was delicious. It had Octopus(my first time trying that and liking it) shrimp, fish, and many other vegetables. YUMMMMM.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dickson said...

I would put money on their being more to the story of that 22-year wait for U.S. citizenship.

But, aside from that, it is impossible to compare the immigration situations between the two countries. They are not equal, never have been, and never will be. With good reason.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Ack! now I will faint... I just did the other way around.. heh I better sit and wait 22 years. :S
Came visiting from Michael Dickson's blog :)

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home