Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Monday, May 07, 2007

New Garden addition.



Made a new garden bed this weekend. I put it along the North-east wall facing the street. It has 2 rose bushes Red and lighter red, a bouganvillea, another flowery plant that was a gift and a Madagascar Palm. If you have never seen a Madagascar palm I have included a picture I found on line. It looks like a mini palm but has cactus like spikes on the trunk. Very cool looking plant. Hopefully Oscars playballs will not find it.
Also worth mentioning this weekend I cooked 2 different pasta dishes. One was penne pasta with olive oil, diced tomatoes, black olives(which by the way I have not found a Mexican yet who likes black olives.Leti, Yanet and Oscar picked them out.) shrimp, imitation crab, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. The other dish consisted of a red sauce(containing olive oil, FRESH picked basil, oregano and a dash of red wine) topped with fresh Parmesan cheese. YUM!!!!
Todays words of wisdom;
A preacher was completing a temperance sermon: with great expression he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river." With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."
And then finally, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."He sat down.

The song leader then stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn # 365: "Shall We Gather at the River."

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dickson said...

So, just give the kin tortillas and beans, and save the good stuff for yourself. My wife eats anything at all. She´s even eaten tacos filled with pan-fried insects.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home