Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Back in the grove. . .

Well we are back up and running now. The heat is starting to really rise here quickly. As I write this it is 91.5 degrees which in an of itself is not bad but the humidity is 65% also. Ahh but the skin loves such tropicalness. (the person inside the skin may not though) There were a few changes here while we were gone. The Liverpool they are building by the WalMart is starting to look just about done. My bouganvellia bushes grew what looks like a foot each. My sunflowers grew about a foot and a half and are now well over the top of the Isuzu Rodeo. Flowers are just starting to pop out.
Also I wanted to give my take on Mexican airlines as I compared them to their American counterparts. We flew AeroMexico. They had leather seats on all seats and on all jets/prop planes we went on.(We had a total of 4 flights if you count the connections) The stuartess' were all very friendly and not "by the book" unfriendly like their American counterparts.(Which in part I can see now due to the terrorist situation) For one leg of our trip we could not find the Doctor;s letter for Leti to fly and the stuartess just let us on after a little talking. Not that much fuss. All flights were on time and there was very little time in between flights leaving and taking off at their gates. They had things printed on the seatback in 5 languages for passengers. All Stuartess' spoke fluent Spanish and English. AND, the biggie, we actually ATE a full meal on these flights even though the longest one was only one hour and thirty minutes. I don't know about all Mexican airlines but I do know that my experiences with American company airliners in the past has NOT been good for about 5 years now. They keep getting cheaper(their quality/offerings NOT their prices) and ruder and offer less and less every year. I guess I am an old fashioned consumer but you have to EARN my repeat business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home