Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The wierd things some Mexicans eat. . .


I have been having conversations lately(my curiosity gets the best of me) asking what kind of exotic meats people have eaten around here and other parts of Mexico. You best not read this blog if you get quisy easily. Here is a list of some of the things that I have been told that are pretty good. Iguana, turtle eggs, snake, cat, dog, armadillo, various birds, rabbit and octopus.
One gentleman, a recent acquantance from Mexico City just moved here, said after his morning jog he likes to eat 2 eggs(raw) mixed in with a beer and a little hot sauce. YUCK!! He said he used to eat turtle eggs that way but they are too hard to get anymore. (And illegal I might add-from what I´ve read)
OK that is all from the wierd files of the edible things here. I am off to eat some cooked flank of cow braised in salsa and wrapped in a flour tortilla, covered with cheese. (Maybe that sounds just as gross to some people. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home