Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Anything for money!!


Here it is amazing what people will do for money. I have seen people just begging on the street for it.(Not so amazing) People shine your shoes at the corners, children sell gum here as young as 3 years old, Mexicans of Indian decent(almost all of them) sell trnikets with beads and handmade things in parking lots of stores, and people sell papers and wash your windows in traffic intersections. Lately though there has been a ration of people that have a baton type stick and they light both ends on fire and juggle it in the intersection while the light is red and then go around to the cars afterwards and collect money for doing it. It is cool to see, especially at night, but annoying as I hate people asking me for money. (when I want to give to charity or for a worthy cause I like to chose who I give to) Even so I have to give them kudos as juggling a lit stick in the middle of a hot asphalt street with 40 gas tanks around you is quite a ballsy thing to do.(or stupid thing depending on how you look at it. LOL!) I wonder what dangerous and eye pleasing thing they will come up with next to make a few pesos?? This world will Never stop amazing me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home