Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Insects in Mexico


I have seen some amazing things here in Mexico but one thing that still amazes me is the bugs. They have big bugs and small bugs here. Poisonous bugs and bugs that just hurt when they bite you. I have seen spiders as big as your fist(and killed a lot of them too) and ants that are barely visible(tens of thousands of them usually) If you leave any dish or glass out unwashed you will have literally hundreds of ants all over it within a couple of hours. It is a little creepy. I guess that is the way nature does it´s thing though. Waste not, want not. The scorpions and tarantulas make my skin crawl though. Luckily I have not seen too many of them. One good thing about the insects here are the butterflies. I have seen some of the most beautiful butterflies here. There are thousands of them too. Some as big as dollar bills. The colors on them are amazing. Brilliant yellows and deep blues. Ahhh God is good to give us so many beautiful creatures to look at. Now all I need is a hammock so I can watch the butterflies on my bouganvellia(sp?) while drinking my Corona in the shade.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dickson said...

Insects are why most Gringos do not move to coastal areas here, but to the Central Highlands where it is less torrid.

Bougainvillea. Not a simple word to spell. I had to look it up long ago. Bet you did not bring a dictionary down with you. There are some fine ones in cyberspace. Free, too.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home