Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No Rhyme or reason.


Today I saw something that flies in the face of all reason. I saw professional(well professional in Mexico anyway) electrical workers working on a live overhead line with the ladder leaned right on the line they were working on. Now I am no genius or electrical guru, but this has Darwin award winner written all over it. I looked up a ladder site on the internet and copied this directly; "Be extremely cautious when working around overhead energized electrical lines. A minimum safe distance is no less than 10 feet or 3 meters." I have known many electricians and I know a lot of them work with live wires and current, but that in my opinion is just stupid. That ladder(which was a metal ladder) if it finds a spot where the wire is stripped. . . ZZZZAAAAPPPPPP!!! But if some of you saw how they hook up the electricity here(I'll have to take a photo of a typical electrical pole and its many twist tie connections covered in electrical tape. Yup I said covered in electrical tape, NOT nice plastic couplers.) Oh well that is the charm of Mexico. (Just don't get too close)
On a lighter note, Leti and I enjoyed a nice lunch in Sayulita today, just the two of us. It was nice. We took about 3 hours and just enjoyed the time together with out the constant "Mom I want. . ." or "Daddy can I. . .?" We ate shrimp tacos and shrimp burritos and I had a beer. Then we took off our shoes and walked she beach shoreline. NICE!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dickson said...

I have seen electrical workers doing that too. Mexicans are very fatalistic. It´s a cultural trait.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home