Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back from Talpa and San Sebastian


Over the weekend we went to Talpa and San Sebastian. They were just gorgeous!! It was about a 2- 3 hour drive from our house to there. It was about 20 degrees cooler and just gorgeous! We went in the church at Talpa and it is HUGE!! A lot of the things there were made out of gold because there are many gold mines in the area.(I was told) San Sebastian was an adventure too. I have attached a picture of a church in Talpa for you, there is an article on that town if you go to Mexconnect.com also. Off the main road to Talpa you take a little road for about 8 miles to this little town that reminds me of Morrison Colorado. The streets are all made of cobblestone type rocks and it is very high up the mountain. We had a nice Italian dinner there(yes they have Italian places in Mexico ) Then we went through some of the art galleries there afterwards.
Other big news is that I found a friend here who is a teacher and part owner of a school here who is going to trade me out one hour a day of Spanish lessons for my one hour a day of English lessons. What a deal huh? He says also later he may want to hire me on as a teacher in his school to teach the kids English. Cool!!! Never thought I might become a teacher huh? Heaven help those poor kids. LOL!!!
See ya soon!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dickson said...

You will discover that the mere fact of speaking English does not make you an English teacher. It is natural to think that it does, but it does not. I briefly did the English teacher thing, but I did it so poorly that I stopped. There is a reason that there are specific training programs to teach ESL (English as a Second Language). You will come up against all kinds of questions you simply do not know the answer to, things that you have done automatically all your life. But you really do not know why, plus you cannot explain it!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home