Family business in Puerto Vallarta

Follow us as we start a business and a home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. (Originally from Palmer Lake, Colorado, U.S.A.

My Photo
Name:
Location: (Close to)Puerto Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico

Life can turn on a dime. . .but somehow we muddle through.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

True Mexicans do not have low riders. . LOL!!!


One thing I think is funny when an American thinks about Mexicans they naturally think of low riders. Well, a true Mexican from Mexico does not have low riders. The streets here would tear them to shreds. There are pot holes and topes(kind of like a speed bump) everywhere. Even in my truck I bottom out occasionally. The streets here are definetly a LOT worse than in most of the U.S. but that is OK when you have a 4 wheel drive from Colorado. A Mexican said to me jokingly, ¨This must be a lot like Colorado 4 wheeling. ¨ I laughed and agreed.
Sorry no pictures yet. We have to wait until we get the computer set up and it is still packed in a box. Talk to you all soon. I´m off to eat crab legs by the sea!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dickson said...

A tope is not "kind of like" a speed bump. It is a speed bump, but in Spanish.

Real Mexicans do not do drive-bys either. At least I never heard of one.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home